Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Twisted Sketches #55

This weeks twist from Twisted Sketches is flag. You should really check out the design teams work, they did an amazing job...so many cute flags & banners. I seen these pictures I wanted to scrap and they had all the right colors of the U.S. flag so that was the direction I was heading....then....I realized I had this umbrella & rain paper...and it kind of went from there. So the concept got lost but I still love the ending result!
This layout I did for a contest at Transparent Touches using a Becky Fleck sketch and mostly TTkits. I am lovin jillibean soup, arent you?
We will be going on vacation in 3 days....I'm really thinking I'm going to bring some kits, pics & tools...don't know If I will get anything done....I know its vacation, but I haven't gotten much done at home lately. It is going to be 1wk of laid back summer days at a beach house, so I might get some done. Do any of you scrap while on vacation?

10 comments:

anazelia said...

Those are wonderful Star. Love the second one. The colors are great. I do not scrap on vacation. I wish I could. And like you, I rarely get anything done at home anymore. So good for you for giving it a try. Have a great vacation.ap

Kim said...

OOOO star these are fabulous....especially that jillibean soup one, if you head to their blog their is an email you can send your layouts to if you wanted them to be chosen . good luck I think its gorgeous

travel mom said...

where you going? maybe you can share your vacation on my site as a guest writer =)
and vacation with scrapbooking will be nice
have fun!!

Nancy said...

Really love ALL of your work Star! You put together the best papers and prints...and they always are so fun and fresh!!!

AmyInKy said...

LOVE both of your layouts - great dimension!
Yes, I'm a new Jillibean Soup addict, too. Great designs, great colors, they've got me.
I don't scrap when I go on vacation. I just take photos to scrap later! :)

Jenny said...

These are gorgeous LO's LOVE LOVE THEM!!! So pretty! :) :) :) :) :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Star, I was on vacation then came home and scrapped my heart out so I haven't been by many blogs in a while. Now the kids and I are hanging at my Mom's so I have lots of computer time..I really wanted to pack a few crafty things but didn't have time..so after all the inspiration I've seen, I'll go home and get down to business! Hope your having fun!!!

Melanie said...

Star--these layouts are so fun. I love your cute kids :)

Jillibean Soup is a new fav of mine, too. Great colors and patterns.

I have scrapped on vacation, but it was a long time ago when I only had two kids :)

Ilene said...

Those are both gorgeous! Love how you used that MME pp on the first one, so bright and happy!

LG said...

Both are just amazing but my favorite amongst the 2 is the 2nd one. Love the colors and how you embellish your page